Hey guys, I am very sorry that I didn't get to post this on the 22nd like I said I was going to, but I just got backed up with soo much work...The new Pocket God World, Glitches, Blog Improvements, Posts, Playing this update, school work, and Oh Yeah... BETA-TESTING ;)
I was going to post this sooner, but Malcom ended up going first and I didn't want to take away from his lime-light.
So here's my story:
(brought to you by...)
About a month ago, Dave and Allan were looking for a new batch of people to make them Beta Testers. They went through many people, and many choices, but they eventually settled for 4 new people to join the team of Pocket God Beta Testers.
I was just as shocked as you are reading this, and I immediately responded to his e-mail with all my information and then received the newest build for The Pyg Chill! The update started off a little rusty, and was very glitchy, but that was normal for firs builds all the old Beta Testers told me.
There were a total of 4 new people added to the Beta Testing Team, and luckily Malcom and I both were added, so there was no jealousy, and we could work together to test for glitches, and talk about the future of the blog, without anyone being "higher" than the other.
Now, I have heard people ask about how to be a Beta Tester many times in the comments section, and many people over at the TA Forums, constantly have fights about how to become one, who gets to become one, and why they have not become one yet. So I am going to tell you first hand, the way to get your chances higher for becoming a Beta Tester, here they are:
1. NEVER ASK TO BE A BETA TESTER - Before I was a Beta Tester (Beta), I never once asked to become one. This annoys Dave a lot, trust me!
2. Look for glitches - Always try to find as many glitches as possible for each update (don't copy other people's), and make a list of glitches, and make sure you post that list somewhere where Dave will see.
3. Make yourself, and Pocket God more know - Make a blog, post in the Touch Arcade Forums, post in The Pocket God Forums, comment on the Pocket Blog! Also, bring the fan-base up for Pocket God by making it more interesting, and making it "new" again (you have to figure that one out for yourself).
4. Fan Art - This is not required, but helps. Make a lot of GOOD fan art, and post it where people can see, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll post it here.
5. Be patient!!!! - Don't rush Dave or the process, it will just get you moved down on the long, imaginary list of people waiting to become Betas.
You will soon be a...
I hope this helps, and I hope you don't treat me any differently now that you know I am a Beta.
Because Malcom and I are both betas now, this will help us have EVEN MORE POSTS on the blog! We will be able to find glitches faster, we will also start posting a post that shows what Beta Testing glitches looked like! This will be the first time any non-beta will be able to see what Pocket God builds look like, so get excited, and I will post them shortly!
Best of luck, and comment below for any questions, comments, or concerns,